- I cannot run as administrator--nothing!
- the default administrator account was disabled
- The username / password which I typed in when installing windows 7 does not seemed to help me, has no priviliges/permissions to run net user commands
I was completely stuck!
so here is what I did:
- shut down the computer, restart and press F8 to select startup options. select safe mode: it will login as administrator
- Run the command prompt as administrator (by right click-run as administrator)
- I typed net user administrator /active:yes but it complained like "the password does not meet with policy requirements" so
- type net user administrator Password (password should be the password you desire)
- then net user administrator /active:yes
Bravo! now after a normal startup enter with your administrator account and do anything you want!