I did not restore the master database, just restored the content db's to the clean installation.
And then of course, I had to create the logins. When I tried to create SQL logins, sql server nagged about
The server principal 'TPG01_reader' already exists.
So here is what i did:
- deleted the user i have created (because even though it give this error , still creates the user)
- removed the user from database permissions: Rigth clicking database > properties> permissions (screenshot below)
- Remove the user from the related database's security section (screenshot below)
Attention, not the general security section, this is the database> security.
now you can create your user ;)